A delicious, rich chocolate tart with a perfectly balanced cocoa oat crust – you’ll want more than one little sliver!
- 60 mins
- 8 servings
For the Crust
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Rodelle Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter (5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon)
For the Filling and Garnish
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder dissolved in ¾ cup very hot water
- 1 cup Rodelle Organic Cocoa Powder
- 7 oz dark chocolate (70% or more), melted and slightly cooled
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar, divided
- Flaky sea salt
For the Crust
- Use a 9” diameter tart pan with a removable bottom. Line bottom with parchment cut to fit, and lightly spray with oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a food processor, combine crust ingredients and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. The flat bottom of a cup or glass helps to distribute mixture evenly as you’re pressing down.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until crust is lightly browned.
- Cool pan on a wire rack before filling.
For the Filling & Garnish
- Prepare garnish by cooking oats in 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a small skillet over low heat. Stir constantly until oats are toasted, about 3 minutes. Gradually add half of the sugar, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted. Remove from heat and add the remaining sugar and stir to coat. Season with a pinch of kosher salt. Let cool.
- Add cocoa powder to bowl of food processor. Pour in espresso liquid and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate, agave, vanilla, 2/3 cup melted coconut oil and salt. Process until mixture is very smooth and thick, about 30 seconds.
- Pour filling into the cooled crust. Smooth the top and lightly tap on a flat surface to remove air bubbles. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Scatter the oat garnish over the top of the tart, sprinkle with the salt flakes, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes until filling has set.
- Remove the tart from the pan to a serving plate. Cut the chilled tart with a hot, dry knife.