A good Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe is the perfect compliment to ice cream, chocolate sauce, and as breakfast served cold the next morning with coffee! This recipe yields a moist cake center with the use of Greek yogurt and a decorative outer design with the use of coconut oil.
- 60 mins
- 12 servings
- 2 1/4 Cups Cake Flour sifted
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 16 Tbsp Unsalted Butter softened
- 1.5 Cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4-5 Tbsp Whole Milk
- Prepare Bundt Pan with baking Spray and Preheat Oven to 325 F
- In a medium bowl, sift flour and cocoa powder, then hand whisk together adding in baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer or large bowl with hand mixer, cream together sugars and softened butter. Using paddle attachment on medium speed.
- Add greek yogurt and vanilla to creamed butter and sugar. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- Add one egg at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Next, spoon in cocoa and flour mixture while mixing at medium low speed.
- Scrape bottom and sides of bowl as needed Until everything is incorporated and smooth.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake on middle to lowest rack for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack completely before inverting and removing cake from pan.
- Chocolate Sauce: In a small bowl hand whisk together ingredients. Add more powdered sugar a 1/4 Cup at a time to thicken and milk 1 Tbsp at a time to thin. Pour chocolate sauce onto sliced cake.