This Chocolate Pound Cake with Bourbon Caramel Glaze will be a quick fan favorite! The bourbon and caramel flavors bring out a depth to the chocolate flavor that we cannot get enough of.
- | Easy
- | 70 mins
- | 12 servings
DirectionsFor the Cakes
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Sift flour and cocoa together.
- Chop up chocolate squares and melt in double broiler or low microwave setting, being very careful not to burn the chocolate. Stir in the espresso powder.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat coconut oil with 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add butter and beat well.
- Add remaining sugar, salt, and vanilla; beat at high speed for 5 minutes.
- Lower speed and beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in flour mixture, then, beat in the cream. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Pour into pans. Rap pans on counter to release any trapped air.
- Bake 40 - 50 minutes (depending on your oven and altitude), or until a toothpick come out clean when inserted in center of cakes.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing cakes from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle caramel glaze over cut slices.
- In a small, deep, heavy saucepan, bring sugar, water, corn syrup, and cream of tarter to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture turns amber in color and registers 340°F on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, whisking constantly until melted.
- Whisk in cream. The mixture will bubble violently.
- Using whisk, stir in the bourbon, vanilla, and salt until combined.
- Let cool completely. Store leftover in a covered container at room temperature for up to a week.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/3 cup butter, softened (not melted and at room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 7 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Rodelle Cocoa Powder
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 1-oz squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- Pinch salt