Chocolate Ice Cream and Chocolate Cookies make the best chocolate ice cream sandwiches…Extra chocolate sprinkles and chocolate dip are totally optional!
- 45 mins
- 12 servings
For the Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
For the Chocolate Cookies
- 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Make the Ice Cream
- Prep ice cream maker as needed.
- Mix cream, evaporated milk, cocoa, sugar, and salt together.
- Heat, stirring frequently until boiling. Add chocolate and milk. and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth. Pour into gallon bag then chill completely.
- Add the vanilla, then churn in ice cream maker. Pour into airtight container and freeze.
Make the Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar then beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Make balls of dough that are 2 tablespoons big.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, then cool on you baking sheet for a minute before moving to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Place one chocolate cookie top down.
- Top with 2-3 tbsp slightly-softened ice cream
- Flatten down with another chocolate cookie, top up.
- Freeze until solid.