Homemade chocolate graham crackers recipe for a fun homemade treat or snack!
- | Easy
- | 30 mins
- | 24 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flours, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the diced butter, and pulse until a coarse meal forms, about 10 one-second pulses.
- Next, combine the honey, water, molasses and vanilla extract in a measuring cup. Stream the liquid into the food processor while its running (use the feed tube). The dough will clump together and form a ball.
- Roll out one-third of the dough at a time between two pieces of wax paper. Roll it until it's slightly less than 1/4" thick.
- Use a square cookie cutter (or any other cookie cutter shapes you like) to cut out shapes.
- Peel the dough away from all the cut-outs, and then use a sharp metal spatula to gently move them to the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a fork to prick holes all over, and the blade of a knife to score them in half (do not cut all the way through).
- Bake for 14-17 minutes, until they're dry on the surface and the edges are starting to darken. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Rodelle Dutch-processed Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter, chilled and diced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons molasses (or more honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract