Chocolate chip cookies are easily one of our favorite year-round recipes! Perfect to whip up with pantry staples.
- | Easy
- | 60 mins
- | 18 servings
- Cream the sugars and shorting in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat until light, approximately 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Add Rodelle Baker's Extract.
- In a small bowl, stir dry ingredients together and add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the chips (and nuts if adding).
- At this point, if you're ready to devour some chocolate chip cookie heaven, you can bake the cookies on a parchment line baking sheet in a 350°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out the dough dollups.
- The best opinion is to roll the dough into a log on a piece of parchment paper. The diameter will be the approximate diameter of the cookies. Wrap the log in the paper tightly and twist the ends closed. Chill until completely firm.
- When ready to bake, cut the log into 1/2-inch slices.
- Arrange on a parchment lined sheet pan, and bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Baker's Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 16oz package chocolate chips
- Option: 4oz pecans, chopped