Rodelle’s deep, dark Gourmet Dutch-processed Cocoa Powder is bloomed in hot espresso and swirled into a creamy ganache before being incorporated into a luscious chocolate batter made indulgent with the addition of sour cream. Tender, moist chocolate bundtlettes are drizzled with a mocha sauce made using cocoa powder, steaming hot espresso, and a dab of salted butter. The final drizzle of chocolate sauce also helps to keep the cakes moist.
- 45 mins
- 12 servings
For the bundt cakes
- 2 tbsp Rodelle Gourmet Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- ¾ cup Rodelle Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ¾ cup espresso
- 12 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp Rodelle almond extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
For the mocha espresso glaze
- ½ cup espresso
- ½ cup Rodelle Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 8 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp salted butter, room temp
- Preheat an oven to 350 F. To prepare the bundt cakes, begin by mixing 2 tbsp cocoa powder with 2 tbsp melted butter. Then using a pastry brush, spread the cocoa-butter mixture into the cavities of a 6 count bundt pan (with a 4 cup capacity), making sure to get every corner.
- Bloom the cocoa powder first, by combining ¾ cup cocoa powder with hot espresso. Whisk it together until the chocolate melts and looks like a smooth ganache.
- Then add melted butter, sugar, and almond extract. Whisk together to incorporate. Then add the eggs one at a time. Next, add the sour cream and whisk until combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients, baking soda, kosher salt, and all-purpose flour. Switch to a rubber spatula and add all the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Gently fold the flour mixture into the dry ingredients stopping when all the flour has been incorporated, but avoid overmixing.
- Use an ice cream scoop, to fill each cavity ¾ of the way full with chocolate batter. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cakes comes out clean.
- While cakes are baking, prepare the mocha espresso glaze. Combine ½ cup hot espresso with ½ cup cocoa powder. Whisk until chocolate melts and becomes shiny. Add powdered sugar and whisk until combined. Then add room temperature butter and whisk until incorporated.
- Once bundtlettes are done baking, allow them to cool for 5 minutes before inverting them onto a wire cooling rack. Once cool to the touch, drizzle the mocha espresso glaze on top of each one.
- Blooming the cocoa powder in hot espresso helps to melt the chocolate and enhance the flavors.