These chocolate chip cookies are inspired by Chocolove XoXoX candy bars. Ancho & Chipotle chilies + tart dried cherries brings these cookies to an entirely different, heavenly & gourmet level.
- | Easy
- | 12 mins
- | 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Using a sharp knife, dice the chocolate bar into chip size pieces.
- Cream the sugars and butter in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a flat paddle. Beat until it has a light texture, approx. 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Add the eggs to the creamed mixture one at a time. Add the Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract.
- Stir the dry ingredients together.
- Add to the creamed mixture.
- Incorporate the chocolate chips.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper and roll into a log (the diameter of the log will be the approximate diameter of the finished cookies). Wrap the paper tightly and twist the ends to close. Chill until completely firm.
- When ready to bake, cut the log into ½ inch slices and arrange on the baking sheet.
- OR: Spoon the dough directly onto the parchment covered baking sheets, using a heaping tablespoon for each cookie.(This method creates thin, chewy cookies).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 3.2 ounce bar Chocolove XOXOX Chilies & Cherries in Dark Chocolate bar