The perfect dessert recipe for any holiday meal. It’s a delicious combination of drizzled caramel sauce, sweet Rodelle Vanilla, and mouthwatering cheesecake.
- | Medium
- | 60 mins
- | 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and vanilla together in a small bowl. Press firmly onto the bottom and 2 ½ - inches up the side of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Reserve ¾ cup apple pie filling; set aside. Spoon remaining filling into the crust.
- Beat together the cream cheese and vanilla bean until smooth. Add eggs and mix well. Pour this over the pie filling.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the center of the cake is set. Cool at room temperature.
- Combine the sugar and water in a heavy saucepan. Set over medium-high heat and swirl the saucepan gently by the handle until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is clear.
- Avoid letting eh syrup boil until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase the heat to high, cover and boil the syrup for 2 minutes. Uncover the saucepan and continue to boil the syrup until it begins to darken around the edges. Gently swirl the pan by the handle until the syrup turns a deep amber and begins to smoke.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter. Gently beat until the butter is incorporated. Stir in the cream.
- If the sauce becomes lumpy, set the pan over low heat and stir until smooth. Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla bean seeds and pinch of salt.
- Serve warm at room temperature. Sauce can be covered and refrigerated for up to one month. Reheat in double broiler or a heavy saucepan over very low heat, adding a bit of water if it’s too thick.
- Mix the reserved pie filling and caramel topping in a small saucepan and heat for about 1 minute, or until spreadable.
- Spoon the apple-caramel mixture over the top of the cheesecake and spread evenly.
- Decorate the edge of the cake with pecan halves and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce if desired.
- Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 1 21-ounce can apple pie filling
- 12 pecan halves, plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- ¼ cup Rodelle Vanilla Bean Carmel Sauce
Rodelle Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce (refrigerate unused portion)
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, scraped
- Pinch of salt