Creamy pudding with a warm toffee and vanilla flavor – this is the best butterscotch pudding recipe around!
- | Easy
- | 10 mins
- | 4 servings
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar. Cook and stir until the butter is melted and the mixture is bubbly.
- Gradually stir in the heavy cream.
- Stir over medium heat until the butterscotch is dissovled.
- Add the milk and salt and stir until well blended.
- Remove from the heat and cool until lukewarm (use an ice bath to speed up the process).
- Mix the cornstarch in the water until smooth. Stir into the pudding mixture.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir briskly, bringing the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Rodelle Vanilla extract.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the pudding into four 1-cup lunch box containers with lids, or serving dishes.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract