Brining lends tenderness and complex flavors to savory meats. Rodelle’s Turkey Brine mixture enhances this easy stuffed pork tenderloin entree with its perfect balance of flavors.
- | Easy
- | 20 mins
- | 4 servings
- Add the brine to boiling water until the mixture is cooled to room temperature.
- Pour the cooled water/brine over the tenderloin. We used a loaf pan to brine the tenderloin.
- Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- Remove the pork from the brining liquid and rinse in cool, clear water. Pat dry.
- Mix the dried fruits together in a small bowl.
- Slice the pork loin down the center from end to end, but do not cut all the way through.
- Open the pork, butterfly open, and pat the dried fruits down the opening. Fold back together and tie with twine.
- Garnish with ground pepper, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet. Sear the pork tenderloin on all sides until browned.
- Bake in the skillet in the oven until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees, about 15-20 minutes. Let set for 10 minutes prior to unwinding the twine and cutting into medallions.
For the Pork
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 cup Rodelle Turkey Brine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Kitchen twine
- 1/4 cup each: chopped dates, chopped dried apples, and sweetened dried cranberries