A custardy french toast made with a splash of bourbon and pure vanilla extract makes for the perfect weekend breakfast treat!
- 25 mins
- 10 servings
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 loaf brioche or challah bread, sliced into 1 inch slices
- Set a frying pan over medium heat to heat up.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour with a splash of milk to form a paste and break down the flour. This will help to incorporate the flour into the milk and egg mixture and prevent any clumps. Add the flour paste, the rest of the milk, bourbon, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt to the eggs and whisk together until fully incorporated.
- Dip each piece of bread into your egg mixture, soaking about 20 seconds on each side. Only prepare one to two pieces at a time so that the bread doesn’t get too soggy. Place slices of your bread into the egg mixture and allow to soak for at least a minute.
- While the bread is soaking, melt two tablespoons of butter in the hot frying pan. Depending on the size of your skillet and bread place one to two pieces of bread into the hot skillet, leaving space between each piece. Fry each side for about 2 minutes or until it lightly browns. Repeat with remaining bread. Serve with whipped cream, maple syrup, and berries.
Note: This recipe was created for Rodelle by Sarah at @bromabakery.