These flaky pastries burst open with the delicious taste of berries and apples. The vanilla accent is the perfect contrast to the tangy fruits it contains.
- | Easy
- | 45 mins
- | 8 servings
- In a mixing bowl, lightly toss the diced apples and blackberries with Rodelle Vanilla Sugar, salt and Rodelle Vanilla Beans.
- Onto a clean kitchen counter, place the puff pastry sheets and cut into 4˝ x 4˝ squares (if frozen thaw the puff pastry according to package directions).
- Preheat your oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place on a baking sheet parchment paper or a silicone mat, space evenly the pastry squares, and spoon 2 to 3 tbsp of fruit mixture on the center of each square leaving at least an 1˝ space clear from the edges.
- Bring the points together into a triangular shape, pressing to seal the edges (you may use a fork for sealing).
- When the turnovers are sealed, with a fork make some holes of the top of each turnover, lightly brush the top with the egg yolks.
- Sprinkle the top of each turnover with ¼ tsp of Rodelle Vanilla Sugar.
- Bake the turnovers for 20 minutes, rotate the baking sheet then continue to bake for 5 or 10 more minutes or until the turnovers are golden brown and cooked.
- Let them rest for 15 minutes in order to cool them down.
- 2 apples each, pink lady, small, peeled and cored, diced 1/4˝
- 6 oz blackberries, fresh
- 1/2 cup Rodelle Vanilla Sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Rodelle Vanilla Beans, split and scraped
- 1 puff pastry sheets
- 2 egg yolks each
- 1-2 tbsp Rodelle Vanilla Sugar
- 2 Rodelle Vanilla Beans with 2 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract