Endives and Gruyere with fresh berries compliment our one of kind vanilla bean vinaigrette recipe. This salad is a brilliant way to start any meal!
- 15 mins
- 8 servings
- 2 Rodelle Vanilla Beans, split and scraped
- 1 oz (2tablespoons) White Wine
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon White pepper
- 3 oz (6 tablespoons) Vegetable oil
- 3 each Endives
- 2 heads of Boston lettuce, Small leaves
- 1 pint Berries (any variety)
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) Gruyere cheese sliced
- 2 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract for the 2 Rodelle Vanilla Beans
- (Ingredients from Step 1) Start by splitting then scraping out the seeds of the vanilla bean.
- Whisk it with the white wine vinegar until it is totally incorporated.
- Then add the remaining ingredients from Step 1.
- Shave all the gruyere cheese.
- Wash the berries.
- Cut the endives in one inch sections separate all the leaves and toss with the small leaves of the Boston lettuce.
- Toss the salad, berries and cheese together with the dressing.
- Plate the salad onto the serving plates, using the larger Boston leaves as a base.
With baguette bread
Dry white wine
You can add sliced apples or pears to change up the salad