A delicious summer recipe created by Natalie of Sugar Bakeshop. This treat is almost like a light cake. It makes a great breakfast or a really nice afternoon snack.
- 60 mins
- 6 servings
- 3 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbs. Rodelle Vanilla Paste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries (or berry of your choice)
- 2 T. all purpose flour
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. All purpose flour
- 1/2 c. butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease loaf pan.
- Combine 3 c. of all purpose flour, 1 1/4 c. of granulated sugar, 2 tbs. Rodelle Vanilla Paste, 1 tsp. salt, 4 tsp. baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix in the vegetable oil, eggs, and milk.
- Toss the fresh blueberries with the 2 T. flour, and fold into the batter.
- Fill loaf pan two thirds of the way full. Any extra batter can be baked off in a muffin tin.
- To make crumble topping, mix together the 1/4 c. sugar, 2/3 c. all purpose flour, and 1/2 c. cubed butter. Mix with fork and sprinkle over quickbread before baking.
- Place in oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or until done.