Cherry Pie baked in a Chocolate Cake! Piecaken is a fun dessert trend to combine two greats: cake and pie! Talk about a showstopper of a dessert! A whole cherry pie is baked within a fudgy chocolate cake and it takes just minutes to prepare!
- 70 mins
- 12 servings
- 15.25 ounce boxed chocolate cake mix + ingredients to prepare cake mix as noted on box
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Organic Chocolate Extract
- 1/3 cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons prepared coffee
- 1 prepared 9" cherry pie
- 1 recipe Chocolate Cool Whip Frosting, prepared
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- chocolate curls to garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, ingredients noted on box to create cake (typically water, oil and eggs), Rodelle Chocolate Extract, Rodelle Baking Cocoa and coffee.
- Stir together until completely combined.
- Pour two cups of cake batter into greased 9" springform pan.
- Place prepared cherry pie into springform pan and cover with remaining cake batter.
- Bake for one hour. Allow cake to completely cool before removing from pan.
- Before serving, top with frosting, cherry pie filling and chocolate curls, if desired.
Note: This recipe was prepared for Rodelle by Melanie Makes. Click here to see helpful process photos and read more about this recipe!