Banana Sheet Cake with cream cheese frosting, made in a quarter sheet pan! Topped with Cream Cheese Frosting, this easy recipe is a new staple at Rodelle.
- | Easy
- | 40 mins
- | 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a quarter sheet pan (9" x 13" x 1") with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, buttermilk, egg white, mashed banana, vanilla bean paste, baking soda and nutmeg. Mix very well.
- Pour the banana mixture into the bowl with the flour, and stir until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 18-19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. The cake will also start pulling away from the edges of the pan.
- While the cake cools, make the frosting: beat together the cream cheese, butter and Rodelle vanilla bean paste. Slowly add the powdered sugar while mixing and add a splash of milk if it seems too dry.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cake and top with sliced bananas.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg white (yolk removed)
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 teaspoons Rodelle vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- splash of heavy cream (or buttermilk)
- 1 sliced banana, for garnish