- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup sugar, for finishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and Rodelle Vanilla Extract until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually incorporate the flour mixture until the dough comes together and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Pour additional sugar into a shallow bowl or small dish. Shape dough into 1-inch balls (dough will be a bit sticky) and roll in sugar. Place sugar-coated dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until cookies are set and very light golden around the edges.
Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes on baking sheets, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.
- Variation Cinnamon Sugar Cookies: Add 1 tbsp ground cinnamon to coating sugar.