This baking recipe is perfect for the holiday season. Once it’s in the oven, the aroma will flood your house with sweet smell and old memories. Check it out!
- 90 mins
- 12 servings
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup apple, cored and chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cranberries, chopped
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon peel, grated
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease bottom and sides of a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, toss 2 tbsp of the 2 cups of flour with the apple and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat ½ cup butter on medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the granulated sugar until combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine remaining flour with baking soda and salt.
- Add to beaten mixture alternately with orange juice.
- Stir in apple mixture, cranberries and 1/3 cup of the walnuts.
- Spoon into loaf pan spreading evenly.
- In a medium bowl combine the brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour, lemon peel, 1 tbsp melted butter, vanilla beans, and remaining nuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.