This baking recipe is perfect for the holiday season. Once it’s in the oven, the aroma will flood your house with sweet deliciousness and old memories of the past holiday seasons.
- 90 mins
- 12 servings
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup apple, cored and chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cranberries, chopped
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon peel, grated
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease bottom and sides of a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, toss 2 tbsp of the 2 cups of flour with the apple and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat ½ cup butter on medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the granulated sugar until combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine remaining flour with baking soda and salt.
- Add to beaten mixture alternately with orange juice.
- Stir in apple mixture, cranberries and 1/3 cup of the walnuts.
- Spoon into loaf pan spreading evenly.
- In a medium bowl combine the brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour, lemon peel, 1 tbsp melted butter, vanilla beans, and remaining nuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.