This tasty gluten free recipe is easy to make. Its light texture and earthy flavor really makes it a favorite gourmet treat for any occasion.
- | Easy
- | 45 mins
- | 8 servings
- Vegetable-oil spray
- 1 tbsp plus 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill almond meal
- 1 tsp Rodelle Almond Extract
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Powered Sugar for garnish
- Slivered almonds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat a 10-inch cake pan with removable rim or a 2-quart baking dish with the vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle inside of dish with 1 tbsp sugar, coating bottom and sides evenly.
- In a large bowl whisk egg yolks with remaining 1 cup sugar until pale yellow and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Gently stir in almond meal and Rodelle Almond Extract and scraped Vanilla Bean seeds.
- In a large clean bowl, beat together egg whites and salt until firm peaks form. Stir 1/3 of the whites into the almond mixture to combine thoroughly, then gently fold in the remaining whites.
- Pour batter into prepared dish and bake until set and golden brown on top, about 30 minutes. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar and almond slivers over finished torte.