Wonderfully delicious, almonds have long been revered as symbol of wellness and health. You’ll thoroughly enjoy these delightful, lacy cookies. Trust us.
- 60 mins
- 24 servings
- 1¾ cups slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped, but not pasty.
- In a large bowl, stir together the nuts, flour, zest, salt, and Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped.
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar, cream, corn syrup, and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a rolling boil and the sugar is completely dissolved. Continue to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the almond mixture and stir to just combine. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Use a rounded teaspoon for three-inch cookies and a tablespoon for six-inch cookies.
- Scoop batter and roll into balls.
- Place on prepared baking sheet leaving 3 to 4 –inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake on center rack for about 10 to 12 minutes. Rotate half-way through.
- The cookies will be thin and should have an even golden color. Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.