Our Cherry Almond Biscotti are made using a dual combination of flours to create a smooth and almost cakey crumb to the double baked traditional biscotti. The dough is folded in with sliced almonds and plump dried cherries. Each biscotti is drizzled or dipped in a vanilla bean white chocolate, for an added layer of decadence to the fruity and fresh flavors of cherry and hint of citrus zest.
- 70 mins
- 22 servings
For the Biscotti
- 2 cup cake flour
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp Rodelle Almond Extract
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¾ cup dried cherries
For the Glaze
- 1 cup white chocolate discs or baking bar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or neutral oil
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Paste
- Preheat an oven to 350 F. Combine the flour through the salt. Mix to combine.
- Melt butter. Let the butter cool before mixing into egg, sugar, zest and extract on medium speed.
- Gradually add in the flours and mix until well combined.
- Remove dough ball from bowl and fold in almonds and dried cherries until well combined and distributed.
- Gently form the dough into a wide log shape about 2-2 ½ inches thick and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and let cool before slicing into biscotti. Arrange on a baking sheet cut side up and bake for addition 5 minutes, flip and repeat on other cut side.
- To make the glaze, mix all the glaze ingredients in a bowl. Using a double boiler, melt chocolate mixture and smooth. Drizzle and dip biscotti to your liking.
Tip: If your dried cherries seem a bit large, you can cut in half to have better distribution throughout your cookie.