One of our favorite parts of the holidays beside baking is decorating a Christmas Tree. This recipe combines that love of baking and ornaments with Rodelle Gourmet Pure Vanilla Extract to create Meringue Christmas Wreath Ornaments. Easy and fun recipe to make this holiday season. Decorate with ribbon and serve as edible ornaments.
- 180 mins
- 10 servings
- 4 Large Egg Whites (120 grams), room temperature
- 1 Cup (200 grams) Granulated Sugar, pulsed to fine sugar
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 2 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 250 F (130 C). Prepare two pieces of parchment paper by
tracing five 3.75 inch circles spaced 2 inches apart on each sheet. Flip
papers upside down and place onto cookie sheets.
- Place sugar in food processor or blender and pulse until fine.
In the bowl of stand mixer, fitted with whisk attachment, on medium high speed
beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- While on medium speed slowly spoon sugar into egg whites while continuing to
mix a tablespoon at a time.
- After all the sugar has been added, continue whisking on medium high until stiff
glossy peaks form.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down excess sugar from the sides, add vinegar and
vanilla extract. Whisk for a couple more minutes.
- Transfer meringue to two piping bags fitted with desired piping tips. Divide the
meringue evenly between the two piping bags. ( This recipe uses Arteco
807, Wilton 1M piping tips)
- Pipe dollups just inside the circles on each sheet, alternating between piping tips.
- Place trays in the oven on middle rack. Bake for 45–50 minutes, then turn the
oven off. Leave wreaths in the oven to cool for about an hour,
- Remove trays from oven and let sit on counter for about 15 minutes, the carefully
peel away from parchment paper.
- Decorate with string and serve!
- Store in an air-tight container for 2-3 days. Best eaten day of.
Note: this recipe was prepared by @twocupsflour for Rodelle.