Nothing says “lazy weekend morning” like hot pancakes doused in syrup or honey. You’ll want to treat your family to these amazingly tasty and fluffy vanilla bean pancake delights every weekend.
- 25 mins
- 12 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 3 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry (frozen are fine, but they do tend to impart a blue color to the batter).
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients making sure the Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. (You can prepare the dry ingredients ahead of time and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months).
- In a separate bowl, beat together the buttermilk, milk, eggs, and butter.
- Keep the dry and wet ingredients separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until just blended, and then gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Do not over stir.
- Pour or scoop about ½ cup batter per pancake onto the hot griddle. Brown on both sides and serve hot.