A delicious strawberry filling complimented by a vanilla graham cracker crust. This pie will be your go-to for spring and summer entertaining!
- 60 mins
- 10 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 18 sheets graham crackers (2 individual packages)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle All Natural Vanilla Paste
For the Crust:
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Place the graham crackers in a plastic zip-lock bag.
- Seal the bag and crush the crackers.
- Pour into a bowl. Add the brown sugar, butter and vanilla paste and mix well.
- Press evenly into pie pan, bake for 5 - 6 minutes, until the crust sets. Let cool completely.
- Set the crust aside.
For the Filling:
- In a small bowl, crush enough strawberries with potato masher to make 1 cup mashed strawberries.
- Then, in a medium sauce pan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add mashed strawberries, water and vanilla extract.
- Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly to avoid burning, until jammy and remove from heat. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- While the mixture is chilling, slice remaining strawberries. Arrange on bottom of prepared crust in layers.
- Pour cooked strawberry mixture over the top, smooth.
- Cool in refrigerator 3 hours or until set.
- Serve with whipped cream.