Rolled sugar cookies cut out and filled with crushed Jolly Rancher candies which melt and create a stained-glass effect. They were easy, fun and tasty to eat!
- 40 mins
- 40 servings
- 1/4 pound of butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp cream
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Red and Green Jolly Rancher Candy, 10-15 of each, crushed - (I used put them in two plastic bags and crushed them with a mallet)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare two baking sheet by lining them with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter, then gradually add the sugar, beating until light.
- Add the egg, Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract and cream. Beat thoroughly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add to the butter/sugar mixture and blend well.
- Prepare a clean flat surface by covering it with flour, enough so that the dough will not stick to the surface.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll dough to 1/4 -inch thick.
- Using the larger cookie cutter, cut shapes into the dough.
- Transfer the cut-outs to a prepared cookie sheet.
- Center the smaller cookie cutter into the larger cut-out and gently remove.
- Bake cookies for 5 minutes, until slightly set.
- Remove tray from oven and with a small spoon or small utensil sprinkle crushed Jolly Rancher candy into the center of each cookie.
- Return tray to oven and bake for 5-7 minutes more, until candy has melted and cookies are golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before setting on wire rack to cool completely.