This easy simple almond cookie recipe is a cross between a sugar cookie and shortbread cookie. It has a soft fluffy texture and a delicious yet subtle taste of almond. Though these can be eaten by themselves we recommend drizzling a simple almond glaze which adds a bit of extra sweetness and almond flavors.
- 35 mins
- 12 servings
Ingredients for Cookies
1 stick butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 large egg yolks
½ teaspoon Rodelle Almond Extract
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon fine salt
Sliced almonds (optional)
Ingredients for Simple Almond Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
¼ teaspoon Rodelle Almond extract
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until well mixed and fluffy.
- Next, add the egg yolks one at a time mixing until well combined.
- Lastly add the almond extract and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt and mix.
- Combine dry ingredients into butter mixture until combined and uniform in consistency.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit .
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to desired thickness.
- Cut out cookies using a 3-inch biscuit cutter and place on a pre-lined baking tray
- Place tray in the oven and cook for 15-18 minutes, checking every 5 minutes for doneness. Cookies will be done when they are a golden brown, and no longer shiny.
- When cookies come out of the oven, place 3 almonds in the warm center of the cookie
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack
- Next, make the simple almond glaze by combining all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well until combined.
- Once cookies have cooled, drizzle almond glaze over the top.
- Almonds can be substituted for chocolate, toasted coconut, or frosting
- Shape of cookies can be substituted for cookie cutter.
- If you’re wanting a thicker glaze, add a tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time and mix well until you reach desired thickness.