Baked potato meets homemade potato chips. A whole new take on traditional potato recipes. A simple way to prepare them using our delicious Whipped Vanilla Bean Butter.
- | Easy
- | 75 mins
- | 2 servings
DirectionsPreheat oven to 450°F.Rodelle Vanilla Bean Butter
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, with paddle attachment, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add scraped Rodelle Vanilla Bean seeds, and cream until fully incorporated (store unused butter in airtight container in refrigerator).
- Wash and dry potato thoroughly.
- Place potato on cutting board. Then place two chopsticks- one on each side, next to and parallel to the potato (this will prevent you from slicing the potato all the way through).
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the potato width-wise. The slices should be 1/8 - 1/16 of an inch thick.
- Place potato on a baking sheet, or in a baking pan, lined with parchment paper.
- Smear 2 tsp of the creamed Rodelle Vanilla Bean Butter over the top of the potato. Gently press the butter into the thin potato slices.
- Bake for 50 minutes, then remove potato from oven. Turn oven onto broil setting.
- Carefully spoon on 2 more tsp of Rodelle Vanilla Bean Butter. Then broil the potato for 5 more minutes, or until crispy (watch closely so as not to burn).
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and serve.
Rodelle Vanilla Bean Butter
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1 sweet potato
- Salt to taste