This creative and delicious recipe was created by Rebecca Winkler, who was our 2013 Great American Ice Cream Challenge Runner Up! This is one incredible recipe you won’t want to miss!
- | Easy
- | 200 mins
- | 8 servings
- Hull and halve the strawberries.
- Place them in a saucepan over medium heat with the honey, water, balsamic, and salt. Then cook, stirring often, until the strawberries have softened and are starting to break up (about 10 minutes).
- Cool slightly, then transfer to a food processor. Blend until smooth, and strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds, pressing on the pulp to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard pulp and refrigerate syrup until cold.
- Whisk together the coconut milks, honey, and Rodelle Vanilla Extract in a large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk in the cold strawberry syrup, taste, and adjust the sweetness as desired.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey, agave, or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 scant tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey, agave, or maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract