We’ve added our Rodelle Vanillas to these muffins which transports the flavors in this recipe from tempting to tantalizing. These may just be the most enticing muffins you’ve ever eaten.
- | Medium
- | 175 mins
- | 24 servings
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Rodelle Vanilla Extract in a medium bowl. Mix well until blended and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a log about 1 1/2 – inches in diameter.
- Smooth the plastic wrap tightly around the log, and reinforce with a piece of foil.
- Transfer to the freezer and chill until slightly firm, at least 2 hours.
- To make muffins, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin spice, salt, Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped, and baking soda; whisk to blend.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, and oil. Mix on a medium-low speed until blended.
- Then, with the mixer on low speed, add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing just until incorporated.
- To make the topping. Combine the Rodelle Cinnamon Sugar and flour in a small bowl, mix to blend.
- Add in the butter pieces and cut into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or two forks until the mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- Transfer to refrigerator until ready to use.
- Fill each muffin cup with a small amount of batter, just enough to cover the bottom of the liner (about 1-2 tablespoons).
- Slice the log of cream cheese filling into 24 equal pieces. Place a slice of the cream cheese mixture into each muffin cup.
- Divide the remaining batter among the muffin cups, placing on top of the cream cheese to cover completely.
- Sprinkle a small amount of the topping mixture over each of the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely as the filling gets very hot.
- 8-ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1¼ cups vegetable oil
- ½ cup Rodelle Cinnamon Sugar (or ½ cup sugar and 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon)
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces