Substantial, go-anywhere, breakfast bars made with pure, healthy ingredients. Rodelle’s Maple Vanilla Oatmeal Bars are flavorful and filling to fuel your busy day!
- | Easy
- | 30 mins
- | 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8x4" bread pan with parchment so it covers the bottom and long sides of the pan only. Grease the small ends of the pan with coconut oil.
- Place oats in food processor and process for about 8-10 seconds until coarsely ground. You want some whole oats to remain.
- Empty into a large mixing bowl. Add the walnuts to the processor and process until pebble-sized pieces remain. Empty into the mixing bowl with the oats, add the salt and stir well.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk in the maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla beans, and vanilla extract vigorously, until fully combined.
- Pour liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a large spoon until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Use your hands if you need to!
- Pour in the water and mix until fully incorporated. Let sit for 5 minutes. The texture should be like very thick oatmeal.
- Empty into the pan and spread firmly with the back of a spoon or spatula until it is level and spread from edge to edge.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes.
- The center will be slightly soft to the touch (not wet) and the edges will be more firm.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes in the pan. Carefully lift the block out by the parchment sides and place on a cooling rack (with parchment still attached). Let fully cool. Remove parchment, slice into 5 bars or 10 squares.
- Keep in a sealed container on the counter or in the fridge. Top as desired (chocolate drizzle, peanut butter, sunflower butter, flavored cream cheese, etc.)!!
- Melt the coconut oil and pour into a small mixing bowl, whisk in all other ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a small ziploc bag and seal. Cut a tiny corner from the bottom of the bag and gently squeeze to drizzle over the bars. Refrigerate bars until chocolate has hardened. Eat or keep stored in a sealed container in the fridge. Chocolate quickly softens at room temperature.
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup walnut halves + pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons creamy, natural almond butter (stirred well)
- 1 Rodelle vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
Optional: Dutch Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Rodelle cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 Rodelle vanilla bean, split and scraped