This roasted turkey with Herbes de Provence seasoning is truly incredible. Treat your family to a savory delight with this turkey recipe during the holiday season.
- 240 mins
- 12 servings
- 1 fresh turkey, about 16 lbs.
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 3 - 4 fresh flat leaf parsley sprigs
- 2 - 3 tbsp Rodelle Herbes De Provence Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 - 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Position rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey and reserve for making gravy.
- Rinse the turkey inside and out with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place onion, celery, parsley and 1 tbsp of Rodelle Herbes De Provence in the body cavity, season with salt and pepper.
- If desired, truss with kitchen twine.
- Brush the turkey with melted butter and sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp of Rodelle Herbes De Provence salt and pepper.
- Place turkey on a buttered roasting rack in a large roasting pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, basting with some of the remaining butter every 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees and continue to roast, basting with remaining butter an juices every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Baste until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, away from the bone, registers 165 degrees and into the thigh 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Total roasting time should be about 3 to 3 ¾ hours.
- Transfer the turkey to a warmed platter, cover loosely and let rest 20 minutes before carving.