The ubiquitous green bean side dish gets a unique makeover with Rodelle’s Almond Extract. You’ll love the subtle almond flavor that your pure extract imparts. And, because our Almond Extract is actually nut-free, you can make these for guests with an allergy (just leave the garnish of sliced almonds off!).
- 15 mins
- 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and washed
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon Rodelle Almond Extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Steam the green beans in a steamer basket until cooked, but slightly firm, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, almond extract, and salt using a fork to mash it all together.
- Remove the beans from the steam basket and place them back into the pot. Add the butter mixture and toss to coat the beans as the butter melts.
- Transfer the beans to a dish, pour the melted butter over the beans, then garnish beans with the sliced almonds.
Photography by The Mindful Hapa.