This recipe was created by Bobbie Seacrist, our Scrumptious Spring Sweepstakes Runner Up.
- | Easy
- | 40 mins
- | 12 servings
- Fill your cupcake pan with liners and make cake mix according to box directions.
- Fill your cupcake pan with batter and bake 15 to 17 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Let them cool completely.
- In a small saucepan combine 1 cup of your blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and water.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add your other cup of blueberries and keep cooking for another 8 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Be gentle with your stirring, you do not want to break the blueberries down too much.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
- Cream together your cheese and butter using a mixer over medium speed.
- Add your sugar 1 cup at a time until it is thoroughly combined. The mixture will be dry and crumbly, that is okay.
- Add your almond and vanilla extract, keep mixing until creamy.
- Add your milk 1 tbsp. at a time until your icing is the proper consistency for piping.
- Once everything is completely cooled you will want to assemble your cupcakes. Fit a pastry bag with a large star tip and fill with icing.
- Using a small paring knife cut a small hole in your cupcake, fill with your blueberry compote and put the top back on.
- Using your star tip and starting from the center, swirl your icing around counter clockwise until you have a pretty swirl. Garnish with a whole blueberry.
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Golden Butter Cake Mix
- 2 cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. Water
- 8 oz Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 5 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
- 3 tbsp. Milk