A pinch of spice and a hearty dose of bourbon in both the cookie and the buttercream frosting is what gives these cookies a boozy kick – without having to share your holiday stash of eggnog.
- 35 mins
- 24 servings
For the Cookies:
- 1 1/3 cups (167 grams) flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, plus more for garnish from Rodelle Baking Set
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (113 grams or 1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (135 grams) sugar
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1/4 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
For the Frosting:
- 6 tbsp (85 grams or 3/4 stick) butter, very soft
- 1 1/4 cups (125 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- Preheat oven to350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Whisk together flour, baking powder, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix until combined, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Mix in bourbon and Rodelle Vanilla Extract - don’t if it looks curdled - then add the flour mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Scoop cookies onto the prepared sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for several minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter in a large bowl for a minute or two, then sift in powdered sugar and continue to mix for a few minutes more.
- Add bourbon and beat until the frosting is smooth.
- Generously spread each cookie with frosting and top each with a sprinkle of nutmeg.