Our 2012 GAICC “Most Unique yet Surprisingly Good Award Winner!”
- | Easy
- | 5 servings
- First begin make the blue cheese ice cream. Mix together the egg yolk, milk, cream, and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat.
- Once the mixture is warm, but not hot, add the blue cheese and stir until blended.
- Continue to cook over low heat until the mixture is hot but not boiling, stirring every minute or two. Remove it from the heat and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- While the blue cheese ice cream base is cooling, make the blackberry honey swirl.
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Then remove the pan from the heat, stir in the cinnamon, and refrigerate until use.
- Once the ice cream base has adequately chilled, remove it from the refrigerator and prepare it according to the directions on your ice cream maker.
- During the last few minutes of churning, pour in the blackberry honey sauce.
- Once the ice cream has been adequately churned, place it in a freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer for 4 hours before serving.
Blue Cheese Ice Cream Base
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Mild Blue Cheese (Crumbled)
Blackberry Honey Sauce
- 12 Ounces Blackberries (Crushed)
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon