These Black and White Meringues are a chocolate and vanilla swirled meringue that use both Rodelle Organics’ Chocolate and Vanilla Extracts. This recipe was created by Nicole Weston of Baking Bites.
- 95 mins
- 48 servings
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp Rodelle Organics Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Rodelle Organics Chocolate Extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Brown food coloring, preferably gel/paste coloring
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a double boiler, or a heatproof bowl set over a pan of just-simmering water, combine egg whites and sugar. Stir gently until sugar dissolves and egg whites are quite warm, 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat, add salt and beat until egg whites come to stiff peaks and meringue is cool, about 7 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and chocolate extracts.
- Add a round tip (no more than 1/2-inch) to a large piping bag, open the top of the bag and prop it open.
- Using a small paintbrush, carefully paint three vertical stripes of brown food coloring inside of the bag, from the pastry tip to the open end. Fill the bag with the meringue mixture and pipe swirls of meringue onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 95-105 minutes, until meringues are dry and firm to a light touch.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.