Easy baked vanilla bean doughnuts make a delicious treat! Dunked in vanilla glaze, these doughnuts come together in minutes and make a perfect weekend breakfast!
- 30 mins
- 12 servings
- 2 cups cake flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp Rodelle vanilla paste
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Rodelle vanilla paste
- 3-4 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a standard doughnut pan with nonstick spray. Whisk together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla paste in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip and fill each doughnut cup 3/4 full. Bake about 8 minutes, until the tops spring back when touched. Turn doughnuts out on a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter, allowing pan to cool completely and spraying with nonstick spray in between batches.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla paste, and milk until smooth. Set rack with cooled doughnuts over a piece of waxed paper. Dip doughnut tops into glaze. If desired, top with sprinkles and let set before serving.
NOTES: To make your own cake flour: place 2 tablespoons cornstarch in an empty 1-cup measure, then top up with flour. Sift the mixture several times to evenly distribute the cornstarch. This recipe was prepared for Rodelle by @tutti_dolci.